Thursday, October 2, 2014

05/29/11 Sioux, Sioux Sioux-shie

05/29/11

Sioux, Sioux Sioux-shie
Mushi, Mushi
Cherry Blossoms and Rice
Sioux Sioux Falls, you’re so nice

93.5 Miles

I start the morning early with only one plan, Head across the border into North Sioux City and begin South Dakota week.
I get to a McInternet to see where the nearest welcome center in the state is. It appears to be about 26 miles north in Beresford.. I also plan to spend two days in Sioux Falls at a place called Tower Campground. It’s in the middle of the city and the prices are reasonably low. It’s still Memorial Day Weekend and I hope my luc holds . I want to spend a few days writing and catching up. It is a relatively easy drive (under a hundred miles) and I’ll be in a position to take the 90 all the way across to the Badlands and the Black Hills over the next few days.
I get to the Beresford Welcome Center/Rest stop but it is very un-welcoming . Major construction is happening on that offramp and it is problematic getting in and out of the center. I load up on as much info about South Dakota s I can get and  try to get nfo about places I know I’ll be seeing and other places I might never have herd of.
I get to Sioux City and  find The Tower campground. They have a different view of campgrounds than I’ve seen in other states. This is almost like a mobile home park and not the modern ones. The  camp host is fairly accommodating when I as to get electricity. I get moved from a center green space with only a fire ring to a small place  that  has a wooden shelter over gravel with a picnic bench. I put my tent on the gravel space next to the bench and it just fits. This proves fortunate. The power is right next to my tent so I can use a shorter extension cord and it’s my first night using the air mattress. The night is one of excursions as I drive to find various places in Sioux Falls. I got the air mattress on my excursion to Wal-Mart. It inflated well with the Quickpump I got. Another inverter device.

No comments: