Thursday, October 2, 2014

04-26-11 - Just an Ordinary Average Guy

04-26-11
I'm just an ordinary average guy
My friends are all boring
And so am I
We're just ordinary average guys
0 miles
Just an ordinary average day. The city inspector shows up and certifies the plumbing work; the plumber shows up to get it cleared for the Gas Company (and pick up the check) and then the Gas company guys come by to restore service. All before 2pm. My duty was done. I have been writing and uploading video (each one takes hours!) Not much to post about today except my place to stay has been secured in Colorado and the Battery for my netbook “My Birthday Present!” (ß Please read in the voice of Gollum!) has been ordered and arrived already (They are FAST!)
I also found out that: My nephew might still make it back home before I leave…but then he might arrive after I have to leave on Saturday as well. Won’t know till the day.
Someone sent me a message awhile back saying that they had been following me since “The Story” broadcast but was “losing interest”.
I can appreciate it. Every day can’t be filled with interesting people, tornados and storms or interesting places. Kinda like everyone else’s life.
I have to recuperate Sometime! And that’s what’s happening now. Re-charging; re-grouping; re-packing and resting up.
Re-thinking too. I’ve realized the importance nad value of having one or two people to visit n each state I visit. It’s how I’d envisioned it originally and have put out feelers from time to time, but it seems to be either feast or famine. And weather is still dictating my path more than I’d like.
The tough thing will be after the second week in May. Kansas week. I think. (weather.) That is the 17th state. The state I equal Steinbeck’s tally from the Travel’s with Charlie. (He passed 26 to my count, but only camped/stayed in 17). Not that it will make any huge bragging rights, but it’s still a milestone and I’ll celebrate each one I accomplish!
I may cheat on Kansas.
As I go into Colorado on Sunday, I may…possibly make a side trip to Dodge City before entering Colorado. Sort of a day trip. If the weather permits. It will allow me to visit it and still have a clear shot across Kansas the following week. I’ve always wanted to see “Dodge City”. This will make it easier to do.
I am catching up and submitting funding request and starting to post on my blog page with pictures and use other available resources to help make this connect with more people and stay in peoples “screen” a bit more readily.
Watched TV, went to sleep. End of day…and post.
(Can’t be “Riviting” everyday, right)?!

No comments: