Thursday, October 2, 2014

04-08-11 - Wipe the sleep from out your eyes

Wipe the sleep from out your eyes, the sun begins to climb the skies…
20.9 miles
In to Hohenwald again. More McInternet time and a mid morning squall to spice things up. I thought about running back to the camp - but to what purpose. The futon was already still wet. I hung around until I posted and researched about as much as I could think to do and then we headed back to camp. Mischa was happy to get out and stretch her legs and we took a little walk. The weather was actually pretty nice - a little above humid to tell the truth so I settled in to typing by my back pages and the prior days events. A guy I’d met in the morning came by and we chatted about things. Turns out he’s a retired Ranger from Washington State and he had may bits of information that would come in handy down the road. I said I was finishing up with my article but I would come by his campsite when I was through. I got done about an hour later and took my self and Mischa for a walk in the general direction of the restrooms.
Both of us feeling greatly relieved We headed off to visit with Rod, the ex-forest ranger. We talked about mosquito abatement and tent/animal safety as well as equipment and packing order. We talked about states and basically talked until a half passed dark. Mischa & I said our goodbyes and headed off to sleep. Tomorrow would be a three state travel day and I was going to need my wits about me. I’d been having lillte disy spells and shortness of breath. I was attributing it to long days typing in the car and lack of sleep but hoping it wasn’t early signs of a heart attack or Lyme disease. (there had been tick sightings in the campgrounds due to the unseasonably warm days)
I made sure to be taking my pills and drinking water and trying to get rest when I could. But when I’m awake…I’m awake.

No comments: