Thursday, October 2, 2014

04-29-11 - Western Union (de-da-de-da-de)

04-29-11
Western Union (de-da-de-da-de)
2 miles
After many tries and 23 days since his first offer, my high school friend, Charlie (who is on a remarkable journey of his own doing “The Great American Loop” on his boat the “‘Bama Belle”) was finally be able to get money to me. And just in time for me! He had to pay an amazingly high amount just to send it to me. He paid Western Union $24 to send me $200. It would have just been the $200 if he could have used Paypal - but for some reason, it never worked for him. Though the delays in getting the money to me were at times costly to me and frustration, I’m glad he persisted and he was willing to go the distance to pay the overcharge Western Union still applies to money transfers.
As soon as I got word he’d sent it I googled places for local Local Western Union’s in Shawnee. The first place I went to was wrong - they just sold their “Gift Cards”. But they told me of another place that did send & receive money - a supermarket chain called “Homeland”. I immediately wondered if they employed guards and called them “Homeland Security”. Really. That’s how my mind works.
I got some Orange Juice and headed back. I slept easy that night knowing I’d be able to make it to Colorado.

No comments: