Thursday, October 2, 2014

04-30-11 - Would the People be the times (or between Dill and Broadway)

04-30-11
Would the People be the times (or between Dill and Broadway)
0 Miles
I was supposed to leave for Colorado today, but I had been given the opportunity to stay an additional day to recuperate more fully from my recent cold and to be able to see my nephew before I left.
Calls had been received saying that he’d make it home early morning the following day and later, that he’d get home by 10 pm that night .
In preparation for leaving and as I had some time, I thought I’d try to find that dog food Mischa gobbled from Martin’s dish in Florida. I’d just gotten the proper name in an email - “Instinct” by Nature’s Variety. I looked them up on the internet and found a place in Shawnee that carried their products. They did…but not the kibble she went for. I did get a lot of great information while I was there. This store/vet clinic is the place I’d like to find to care for Mischa. Natural holistic and informed as well as kind..
We got some sample of kibble for Mischa to try incase I couldn’t find Instinct later. I also learned about Titre. They take a blood sample of oyur dog and find out how much of what vaccine is in their blood already and then determine what is needed, if anything. Most of the time the Titre is good for three years, there is less need for yearly vaccinations and the dogs is healthier overall. It’s about $70, but I could (conceivably) do the test and then call for the results (or have thme emailed) and if I needed to get a specific vaccination I could get that anywhere on the road.
I have been a bit concerned with Mischa as her weight seems to be going down. She weats when she wants to and seems to have a good deal of vitality, but she seems litter than normal and I’ve noticed that I can put my whole flattened hand through the space between her neck and her collar, when it used to be just a finger. I haven’t changed the collar either. Perhaps food that she’ll readily go for will make the difference. And it’s healthy stuff too.
We leave and take the circuitous route back, looking at old Shawnee and getting a since of the place before leaving.
Calls come later saying my nephew may actually be in tonight! Perhaps by 10 pm. He’s in Dallas and is pretty sure of the timing..
At some point I ask if it’s ok to tell his daughter…affirmative…I pass her the phone and her reaction is delightful. First , it’s a curious look and then her eyes widen and she begins jumping up and down with squeals of delight and runs to her mother’s room with the phone. The cat’s out of the bag now.
Good news/bad news. Good news he’s coming home early - bad news is he’s coming home after bedtime.
The waiting begins around the 9pm bedtime as Katie want’s to stay up till daddy get’s home and Mom want’s here to at least get ready for bed. 10 pm comes and goes with no sign of his arrival. Katie is fighting to stay up and Patti is saying no. The deal arrived at after Converse calls and says it will be al least another hour and a half & could we move our cars so he can park his rig close to the driveway?! Katie goes to bed with the understanding that Converse will wake her when he gets in. We move out cars to the front!
Converse get’s in around 11:45 and unwinds. He looks like he hasn’t been to sleep for days…which is mostly true. He said he’s had only 4 hours since Thursday - three days ago. As the day turns into Sunday we head to sleep around 1:pm with Converse keeping his promise.
The next day is already started and sleep is imperative if I’m going to make good time to Denver tomorrow.

No comments: