Wednesday, October 1, 2014

03-12-11 Every awareness seems to bring us together, storming the weather

03-12-11
“Every awareness
Seems to bring us together, storming the weather.
Being enlightened is like choosing the road in which you wish to go,
Planting a seedling and watching it grow.
Wonderful, you can feel it believe me.
Wonderful, everything’ll be right”
Around 12: 30 I awoke to people talking and laughing and running up the stairs near my door.
Around 2:30 I was roused by loug talk and car door slams. The final disturbance came at 4:23am. Somebody was playing a drum cadence on the metal railing by my door, then ran down the steps and started a car engine…but didn’t drive away.
If that wasn’t enough, when I went to take a bath (I LOVE bath’s over a shower anyday) there was no drain stopper. I used a face cloth stuffed in the drain.
Upon mentioning it to the desk they offered to change rooms. I would get a downstairs room on the other side of the building. But not until after 11am. I got a message from Chuck that he’d be able to visit in the afternoon. So Mischa and I checked out the local area, getting some soda and microwaveable food to use the fridge and microwave in my room. The Continental breakfast was less than desirable - I just had OJ and Mischa & I had a morning repast at McDonald’s. 2 Sausage Egg McGuffey’s (Mischa was very happy.)
When Chuck arrived he came barring gifts. He’s gotten me a Kodak Play>Sport video camera with an extra battery, memory card, flash drive and cables.
I was stunned beyond words. I had put it out there that a video camera was another tool I needed to make this Journey more successful (and something that would help submitting to Kickstarter.com)
Another ground breaking, game changing event along this road. I will always remember that moment and their generosity.
We went to lunch at a barbeque place that Chuck knew about and did the first video interview of the journey. We sat outside so that Mischa could join us and we split a sampler platter. Mischa was very happy! We covered many of the areas he’d talked about the first day and some new area’s. As the last question, knowing their economic history I asked “how can your be so generous to me considering our discussion about your finances?”
He’s mentioned that they had recently gotten back to an even keel financially due to in inheritance from Denise’s mothers estate and that they wanted to help others that needed help and thought my Journey was worthy of support. I still an overwhelmed.
I would be given another night so my stay would be through Monday.
Sunday would not offer an opportunity to get together with Chuck or his family as their day was full with church and other commitments, so the plan would be to write. With the daylight savings change, I went to sleep early to try to compensate for the loss of the hour for the second time in two days. But, neighbors honking car horns (very popular in the Atlanta area it seems) and coming in late and talking/slamming doors, conspired to deny me of that advantage.
But as Margaret Mitchell wrote “Tomorrow is another day”.

No comments: