Thursday, October 2, 2014

04-28-11 - Sick as a dog

04-28-11
Sick as a dog, you'll be sorry
Sick as a dog, 'cause you really ain't so young
0 miles
The day started nicely. A good deal of sunshine (a rare enough event recently to seem remarkable.) and I tested out my solar shower; rinsing it out with warm water and baking soda; filling it with tap water and putting it in a sunny place for a few hours to let it get hot.
It worked. (No, I didn’t shower with it…just tested the temp coming out of the nozzle.)
I was somewhat interested in seeing the NFL Draft and caught up on my last few days of posts, so I was feeling “accomplished”.
Then that scratchy feeling at he back of my throat. I know what that means and started taking throat lozenges, tea, O.J. and soup. I kept repeating the regimen until I was feeling like that solar water bag - sloshy and over filled.
I kept floating between the NFL, my netbook and napping in place until 9:35 when the draft ended. That was it for me. I got in my sleeping bag on the futon on the floor and was out immediately. I kept on waking up through the night - feeling the rawness at the back of my throat; feeling my sweaty brow; thinking that my sinuses had won some sort of victory and that the numbers 18 or 29 had some significance in my fight for health. (I have no idea why…it just seemed very important!)
Taking some cough medicine before going to sleep seemed to offer some help. Waking at 3 am and taking some more may have helped…at least getting back to sleep. I was zombie walking.
5:30; 7:30 finally rising around 8:50am.
And I’m leaving here tomorrow? I better get well soon. Maybe 18 or 29 will come to the rescue.
They seemed to hold the key.

No comments: