Sunday, March 13, 2011

Chapter 1: 01-15-11

01-15-11

O-oh, what I want to know is
Where does the time go?


I talked with Margo & Dick about their night out - they said it was nice, old friends, dinner & dancing. Margo mentioned that my Father (her first husband) had been a great dancer. I’d never have guested (or even though about his dancing abilities.).
I got some laundry washed and watched some of the playoff games with Dick but I left before the final game was decided as I had a meeting with an old college friend at a Starbucks in Coronado. Kate had recently moved to the Coronado area from Fresno to become Principle for an arts High School.
I left at 4:30 to navigate to the Starbucks she’d suggested we meet at.
It was good to see her again and we talked about my planned journey and her new adventure with the school. She is attending a play that night that her school is presenting.
The play has stirred up some pseudo-religious controversy. She is pretty sure the  alleged protesters have backed off, but the counter-protest group is set to be there to support the play regardless.
And the controversy had boosted ticket sales. Kate has to leave to get to the show in advance and is getting lattes and such for her cohorts. It is always good to see her. She lives life large and fully from all I can tell. I want her life when I grow up!!

No comments: