Sunday, March 13, 2011

Chapter 1: 01-13-11 On the Road Again

01-13-11

On the Road Again


Packed the car and left Jan & Barry’s place 11 am.
Headed back to Doheny ($35).
No fire tonight, just a walk around the campsite. Learned about “Camp Hosts”.
Took some pictures of beach and Mischa.
Went to sleep early.
Woke up about 1 am for a bathroom visit.,
Upon returning, I saw Orion over my tent with the sky melting into the ocean.
In the morning I asked about the Camp Host Program.
Found resources nearby for Chase Bank, 99c Only Store, and Post office.
I had to find a change of address so I could forward my mail from my Simi Valley address.
After an abortive original location for Santa Cruz, I had a friend in Hughson agree to let me use her address as my new mailing address. I can now have my mail go to someone I can trust and will notify my of any urgent/important looking mail (taxes, car insurance/registration); Change my bank account from Chase (raising their banking fees Feb1) to US Bank (Free Checking and a bank I can walk into and deposit cash); have  an “address of record”  (for mail, DMV, car insurance, etc.) so I’ll have an official “residence” status in California and the US even though I will actually be “homeless”. My car is my defacto “home” though it and Mischa & I will constantly be changing locations on a near daily basis. If things go to plan.

No comments: